It's finally making sense!! I can actually say I'm learning the freaking subway system. Now granted, it's only certain trains but the concept of uptown, downtown, have your metro card out before you make it to the swipe area (just in case you have to make a mad dash in three inch heels for the closing doors) is actually sinking in. Time and time again I figure...heck I'm going to end up in Brooklyn...I know it! I mean, there is no possible way that I could end up in Brooklyn seeing how the train I usually get on does not go any where near it, but knowing me I'd somehow find my way in the BK. (Don't ask). But, as I disappear down the stairs, swipe my metro, and wait impatiently between the walls of humidity and staleness; I find that as long as I know what stop I'm looking for, transferring trains or finding my way to the surface is not as hard as it once seemed two weeks ago.
XOXO
BlackLine Magazine's Poetry Slam 2011
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment