August 07, 2013

Love Me, Please...

Love me, please
that's all I asked for
unconditionally.
But, you seem to have
let the flaws you see
keep you from that
head first, feet last
falling feeling.
And all along I thought you knew
this was a ride or die
to the end type thing.
Or at least it was for me.
It's silly really,
me thinking we were in this shit together
but I'm Bonnie without my Clyde
and it's cool really
now that I know
that it's ride or die for me.
But I guess, it's better to have loved and lost
then to never have loved at all.
Isn't that how the saying goes?
Humph, loved and lost huh?
Well I'd rather not have loved at all.
Rather not have given into the pressure of over the moon type shit
Cus now I'm only half of my whole self.
So in reality I was better off...
I keep telling myself we were in this together.
But, somehow I find myself rolling solo in this whirlwind of confusion.
And I cant figure out how I got here.
How this is now our reality,
when all along I was boxing my way through thunderstorms...for us.
I was boxing for us, right?
Cus I'm bruised and beaten and torn down
But it was worth stepping into the ring.
Tell me it was worth it.
The pain has to be worth the struggle.
Because why else am I fighting so hard to succeed.
And I'm bleeding,
even though you cant see,
this pain lives deep within
and I'm bleeding.
Crying out for you to heal me
But you cant hear me,
why...why cant you hear me?
I am screaming at the top of my lungs...
love me, please.

xoxo

No comments: